Almost all website owners these days are concerned about search engine optimization of their websites and are making sure that they use the most effective back links which function properly as well as direct back to the right place. Getting back links from other sites, meaning linking your business site from other relevant websites is the most efficient way of improving your rankings. However, not all back links are the same. Some will have no effect on your website’s ranking while some can even have a negative impact. Thus, your sole focus should be for acquiring high quality inbound links.
What determines the quality of a back link is subjective and different SEO consultants have varying opinions on the topic. Most of them would agree that high quality back links comprise of several factors listed below such as coming from a relevant and trusted source, attracting traffic, are in-content, on pages with high PageRank, next to the back links to authority websites, not reciprocal and cannot be easily acquired. The easiest and quickest way to make your mark in the online industry is by buying quality back links. Although it may come at a cost, the extra revenue generated from good rankings will eventually cover the cost of buying them. Lots of businesses have been doing it, especially in the competitive niches and most of them have succeeded in their endeavor. The reason that they get away with it easily is that there are billions of back links spread throughout the web and it’s not an easy task for Google to differentiate natural back links from the paid ones.
However, buying back links for improving the rankings of your website breaches the guidelines of Google and websites following such a practice are liable to be penalized. Hence you should be very careful while buying quality back links from different sources. Make sure that you follow the guidelines mentioned below.
- Try to buy back links packages that will diversify the sites the links come from
- Try to find back link services that include .EDU and .GOV links
- Try not to buy links from those sites which openly state that they sell links.
- Ensure that you are getting links from websites which are relevant to your own website.
- Buy in-content links and not links in footer or side bar.
- Buy links for individual pages instead of the site-wide links.
- The percentage of paid links in your website should not exceed 10% of total links.
Examples of quality back links include web 2.0 article sites, social network sites, links from websites with high pr, high quality manual blog comments, and pdf document sharing sites. A few links from such websites would be more powerful than acquiring thousands of links from spamming sites. Thus, while purchasing back links, make sure that you are doing it from a reputed and professional source that is adept in doing that kind of job and do not unnecessarily risk your website in other ways.
You can be really successful in creating the most attractive website with all the bells and whistles which people would love to view, but unless visitors are able to find your website by searching for specific keywords, all your efforts are going to be simply wasted. However, you can truly optimize your website using search engine optimization techniques and have your site rank higher on major search engines. Search engines take advantage of keywords and algorithms for deciding the search engine rank of websites. Data used by such algorithms are gathered by web crawlers that try to analyze various websites on the internet. Search engine optimization is all about manipulating and forcing them to grasp all the good things from your website and make your site rank higher.
Talking of some of the solid SEO techniques that can draw the attention of search engines, article writing is one of the most important and effective strategies. Writing SEO friendly content isn’t a difficult job at all. The first thing you need to keep in mind while working on your web page content is that you are writing for your customers and not search engines. A page which is too much optimized isn’t fun to read and search engines would ultimately want to deliver content that is informative as well as interesting for customers to read.
The basic article writing techniques include.
- Write relevant content. The popular search engines have ways to recognize whether your page is really all about what it seems or not. You can try and fool them by writing irrelevant content but you may have to pay heavily by getting banned or losing your rank.
- Proper use of keywords. You may want to distribute the keywords evenly throughout your articles or keep them somewhat denser at the top. Avoid using synonyms for the keyword phrases until second or third paragraphs.
- Make use of lists in place of paragraphs. Include internal sub-headings which should also contain your keyword phrase.
- Proofread your pages for grammatical and spelling errors so that your content doesn’t look unprofessional.
The next big building block of SEO is back links.
Back links, also known as inbound links are links placed on other websites which direct to your webpage. The number of back links indicates the importance or popularity of your webpage. Popular search engines like Google give more credit to sites with an optimum number of high quality back links and consider them to be more relevant than other sites in the results page. When search engines evaluate the relevance of a particular site based on any keyword, they calculate the number of quality links linking to that site.
Other techniques to make search engine spiders index your content at a faster rate include incorporating keywords in your title tag, making URL easy and understandable and usage of site maps for navigating through your website. A great website with proper SEO will allow customers to find their way to your webpage easily.